Monday, August 27, 2012

Only Protein

I remember the day clearly. I wasn't feeling well so I went to the doctor. My Father's body stopped producing years ago and I was worried mine was doing the same thing. I stepped on the scale that morning at 270 pounds. I told the doctor all about my fatigue, my constant colds, and generally just not feeling well. I asked the doctor to see if my testosterone levels were normal. When the doctor returned, I had no clue that what he was about to tell me would change my life.

The doctor sat down with the results and told me that my testosterone levels were normal. The doctor then told me that I was Pre diabetic and that if I did not lose weight, it would be full blown within a few years. That was the day I decided I needed a change.

I started boxing a short time after that. I fell in love with the sport and I also started losing weight. I lost thirty pounds in eight months and thought that I looked great. I wanted to continue my progress, but a knee injury set me back. I had surgery and was out for three months. When I returned, I wasn't
the same even though I didn't gain any weight while being on the shelf. I continued boxing, however, the competitve drive that I had when I started wasn't there anymore. I was still losing weight but not 
in the rapid manner as I had a few months before. That's when I entered the second phase of my 
journey.

I realized that I needed to do something different so I began running long distances. Well, 3 miles at first, but eventually worked my way up. I didn't care how slow the mileage was, just as long as I didn't walk. Within six months, I dropped fifteen pounds and decided to run my first half marathon. It was an incredible experience even though my body felt the effects for days after. One month later, I had the opportunity to run in the Vegas half marathon. I was pleased with my performance and I had even lost more weight. I finished the race in 2:08, a feat that would. Never have been possible at 270 pounds. I weighed 210 pounds on race day. Unfortunately, I allowed the 2011 holiday season to get the best of me and gained 15 pounds in two months.

In March 2012, I started training for the Canyonlands half marathon in Moab, Utah. At the end of March,  I completed the run and felt great. With three half marathons under my belt in six months, I knew my body needed a rest. I decided to get back to the boxing gym and, this time, be more competitive than ever before. I started going to Boxing is For Girls in May 2012 and weighed 215 pounds. I also discovered Only Protein at the same time and began using it as my primary protein supplement.

I am training with one goal now, to be the best boxer that I am able to be. I will never give up and I will never lose sight of my goal. I remember where I came from and now know that I will never return.

I am now 185 pounds and only seven pounds from my goal. Only Protein has helped me reach my goal and I am so thankful that I started using the product. In future posts, I will be more specific about shake recipes, meal replacements, and workouts that have helped me with my weight loss. I am in no way a fitness expert, however I know my body and what has worked for me. I hope that there are people out there who can find hope through my success.

Feel free to follow me on my journey. Together, we can achieve the impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment