Thursday, January 5, 2012

Heroes

As I write this, a group of my friends are fighting for their lives. My friends are heroes who sacrifice themselves day after day to protect society from its own evil. My friends don't do this for the money (God knows it's not that). They don't do it for fame (their deeds will likely go unnoticed). My friends do what they do because they know that if they don't, nobody else will!

Most of society are sheep. Society roams the streets aimlessly, not even truly aware of what reality exists beyond their own lives. Wolves take notice of this and they begin to prey on the sheep. Luckily the heroes are there to protect. However, in today's day and age, my friends are not regarded as heroes. They are looked at as meter maids, traffic hounds, revenue builders, pawns in a corrupt governmental society, and inferior. They are a necessary evil in the modern age. Many people complain that all police do is write tickets and harass the public, yet, when someone breaks into your house, they don't show up fast enough.

Allow me to educate. The police officer has been there with your daughter, after she was beaten so severely that she needed medical attention. The police officer told her that she was safe. The police officer was there with you after you had your home burglarized. The police officer looked at you and said, "it's okay, we got them". The police officer has talked your suicidal daughter out of the bathtub on Christmas night so that she could get the help she deserves. The police officer has gone into a burning building before the fire department arrived to rescue your son, who was trapped inside, and lives with the guilt that he didn't get there in time.

My friends do what they do because it's the right thing to do. Society will continue to harass and abuse the police officer, and they will still get up the next day and be prepared to lay down their life so that you may have another chance at yours. Police Officers are real heroes and I wish that they were treated as such.

I was recently asked why I believe in God. The answer is simple, but shows its truth at this moment more than ever. I choose to believe in God because I hope. I hope that there is something good beyond this world that makes all the struggles worth it. I hope that there is somewhere beyond this world that appreciates my heroes. Gentlemen, God bless, my prayers are with all of you.

ES

No comments:

Post a Comment